One Pot Spanish Style
Chicken And Yellow Rice
NOT From The Box, But From Scratch
It's That Easy
This One Pot Spanish Style Chicken And Yellow Rice was inspired by a recipe listed next to an ad about a box of rice mix.
In the back of my mind, I thought, “Hey! I can make a bigger batch to feed a crowd.” So, I served it that Wednesday night dinner (our regular family bi-weekly dinner gathering) along with my favorite Parmesan Cauliflower Risotto.
As soon as the dinner was over, our niece asked for the recipe.
First time when I made it, I didn’t put enough saffron to make it yellow enough and I purposefully skipped the raisins.
The second time I made it, I got everything in there. I personally like the version with raisins to balance out the saltiness from the green olives. But this is really up to you. Either way, this one-pot dinner is still so delicious that you will never get enough of it.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 30-35 Minutes Serving: 6-8
Like, Share & Comment
If you like any recipes on this website, please like, share and comment. This will help other people like you to find them here. Thank you very much for your support!
One Pot Spanish Style Chicken And Yellow Rice Recipe
2 Chicken Breasts (cut in bite size; about 1" around)
1 Jar Pimento (4 oz; drained)
1/4 Cup Pimento Stuffed Olives (drained)
1 Can Black Beans (14 oz; drained and rinsed)
2 Avocado (cored, skinned and sliced)
2 Cups Long Grain White Rice
3 Cups Chicken Broth
3/4 Cup Water
2 tbsp Canola Oil
2g Saffron Threads
1/4 cup Raisins (optional)
1 Scallion or same amount of Cilantro (chopped; optional for garnish only)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a big mixing bowl, combine chicken with marinade seasonings and let it sit for at least 15 minutes or chill overnight
- Preheat a big, deep skillet at high heat with 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- Add chicken and brown (about 3-4 minutes per side)
- Transfer chicken to a bowl and put aside
- In the same skillet, stir in rice, chicken broth, water and saffron
- Bring mixture to a boil and stir once
- Turn heat to medium low to low
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes; stir in chicken, pimentos, olives, black beans, (raisins, optional), salt and pepper to taste
- Cover and simmer another 5 minutes until all liquid is absorbed
- Garnish with scallion or cilantro (optional) and serve with avocados (optional) immediately
With 5 pantry staples and chicken can make this awesome chicken and rice recipe from scratch
Combine seasonings in a mixing bowl
Whisk in extra virgin olive oil to make marinade
Add chicken into the bowl with marinade
Use your hand to massage the chicken. You will be surprised how flavorful the meat is
Brown chicken in a Dutch oven at high heat
Under cook the chicken at this time
Transfer chicken to a bowl/plate and put aside
In the same pot, add rice
Add chicken broth into the rice
Saffron is the ingredient to make the rice yellow
5 minutes before rice is cooked, stir in chicken and the rest of the ingredients into the pot
Cook another 5 minutes under cover and garnish with scallions/cilantro. Enjoy!
My Amazon Picks
You May Also Be Interested In:
Return from One Pot Spanish Style Chicken And Yellow Rice Recipe page to Chicken Recipes page
Return to Easy Dinner Ideas Homepage