Eggs and Spinach Healthy Recipe
Spinach Cheese and Egg
A Diner-Liked Meal On Your Table In No Time. Perfect for Low Carb Diet.
Eggs and spinach healthy recipe is an affodable way to start low carb diet. It is like enjoying your diet meal in a diner. Sounds pretty awesome, right?
Total Time: 15-17 Minutes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Active Cook Time: 10-12 Minutes
This is a revised and improved version. For several years, I used fresh spinach to make this egg recipe. But then, I realized that it took more work and the shelf life of fresh veggie definitely put some time limit on it. One day, I decided to use the frozen one. It turned out really great. The recipe surely is more versatile.
Feel free to use fresh spinach if that's your preference.
You can add up to a dozen eggs into this eggs and spinach healthy recipe. For 2 big servings, I use 6 eggs so that there is more spinach in every bite.
Adding bacon bits is optional. You can even add freshly cooked bacon by crumbling it on top of eggs. Best of all, adding this ingredient still makes it a low carb meal.
Eggs and Spinach Healthy Recipe and Instructions
1 Box (10oz) Frozen Spinach (thawed and squeeze out all extra liquid)
6-8 Eggs (Beaten)
1/4-1/2 cup Pre-shredded Cheddar Cheese
Bacon Bits (optional)
4 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Whisk eggs, salt and pepper together in a mixing bowl.
- Preheat a skillet at medium high heat with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir in spinach into the skillet; use spatula to spread it out evenly and cook for 2 minutes until spinach is warm through.
- Add the rest of extra virgin olive oil and then eggs. (Do not disturb the eggs until you see edges started to solidified. The middle will still be very runny and nowhere close to be cooked.)
- Use spatula to flip eggs over. (It most likely will break into pieces. But it is ok.)
- When egg is close to your desired doneness, add bacon bits (optional) and cheese on top.
- You can leave it cook for another 1-2 minutes until cheese is melty or enjoy immediately.
Eggs and Spinach Healthy Recipe Steps with Photos
3 ingredients are all you need.
Thaw a box of frozen spinach.
Squeeze out all extra liquid from the spinach.
Cook spinach in a big skillet.
Beat eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
Add egg mixture into the same skillet with spinach.
Turn egg over when edge starts to solidify.
Add shredded cheese on top of egg.
Enjoy immediately! OR....
Add bacon bits on top of egg.
Then, add shredded cheese.
ENJOY with or without bacon!!!!
Serve This With:
You May Also Be Interested In:
Home > Breakfast Recipes > Eggs and Spinach Healthy Recipe | Spinach Cheese and Egg