Stove Top Chicken Chorizo Frittata
Looking For Satisfying Meal?
For Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
Stove Top Chicken Chorizo Frittata is one of my fusion recipes. Some people would say it is a new creation or concoction. Doesn't matter how you want to call it, I know you will love it.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 18-20 Minutes Serving: 6-8
4 ingredients to feed a crowd of 6-8. Who can beat that?
This recipe has Chinese, Italian and Mexican elements in it.
How did the idea come about? Well, I had scallion and eggs in the fridge one day. At that moment, it brought me back home. My mom used to make scallion fried eggs for us to make sandwiches in the morning for breakfast.
Mom has a lot of great dishes. Some are our favorites of the many favorites. Of course, that scallion fried egg sandwich is one of them. I miss it so much.
As usual, I like to make my own twist. Looking into the fridge, seeing other ingredients which inspired me to try something new that was how I made this delicious stove top chicken chorizo frittata recipe.
The first 2 times were great. But I did feel like something was missing. Playing it around, this is the final yummy version.
Serve this with a simple vegetable salad, sauteed vegetables or fruits like mangoes, nectarines, pineapples and etc. would balance out the heat from Chorizo perfectly.
Beautiful and tasty....can't you wait?
Cheesy and flavorful.....Y.U.M.M....
Stove Top Chicken Chorizo Frittata Recipe
1 lb Ground Beef Chorizo (Chorizo has plenty of grease to substitute oil. It is also very salty and spicy. So, hold the salt and pepper. Preferably, serve them along with the dish. Let everybody adjust his/her own seasoning.)
1 lb Ground Chicken Breasts
12 Eggs (Beaten)
2-3 Scallion (chopped; save a small handful for garnish later)
2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- In a big mixing bowl, use a fork lightly to mix ground chicken and ground Chorizo together
- Preheat a big skillet at high heat and add meat mixture in
- Use spatula to break it up into bite size pieces and brown about 5-8 minutes and stir occasionally in between
- Add eggs and scallion; turn down heat to medium low
- When you see the edges start to solidify, use spatula to pull it to the middle where the egg is still wet
- Flip over to the other side with the help of spatula (it is ok to break the frittata into pieces with this action. This step also helps the cooking process to complete faster)
- Add cheese, cover the lid and cook for about 10 minutes at low heat until cheese gets melty
- Add reserved scallion on top to garnish and serve immediately
Are you ready to make this delicious meal?
Scroll down to get more pics and step-by-step instructions and get cooking
My Amazon Picks
You May Also Be Interested In:
Combine ground meats in a big mixing bowl
Lightly mix both ground meats together
Chorizo has enough grease to substitute oil
Use spatula to break meat into bite size
Brown meat, but not cooked through
Add eggs and turn down heat
It's ok to use spatula to flip frittata over which may break it apart
Add cheese and cover
Till cheese gets melty
Garnish with reserved scallion and enjoy!
Click this link to watch demo video
Return from Stove Top Chicken Chorizo Frittata Recipe page to Breakfast Recipes page
Return to Easy Dinner Ideas Homepage