Recipe One Pot Chicken
One-Pot Italian Dressing Chicken Wild Rice
With Peppers And Onion
Convenience Of Salad Dressing Make A Great Chicken And Rice Dinner
This recipe one pot chicken is loaded with fiber and yummiess. Thanks to the convenience of salad dressing brings.
What inspired me to make this One-Pot Italian Dressing Chicken Wild Rice with Pepper and Onion recipe? Well, after making bell pepper pepperoni pasta salad, I have this bottle of Italian salad dressing staring at me. I asked myself, "Hmmm....what should I do with it?" You may have known my mantra, "Seeing my food in the trash is the last thing I want to see."
So, after a while, I was thinking, "Hey! How about chicken and rice? That's it. That would be a perfect recipe to use it up. Yes!!!"
Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes - 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Prep Time: 10-15 Minutes
Active Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Inactive Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Recipe One Pot Chicken Recipe and Instructions
3-3.5 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
2 cups Par-boiled Wild Rice Mix (Click here to find out more info about Wild Rice Mixes in the market)
1 lb Frozen Stir-fry Vegetable Mix (bell peppers and onion mix)
2 tsp Minced Garlic
1/2 cup Italian Salad Dressing
Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Dried Parsley (for garnish only, optional)
3 cups Water
2 tsp Salt (divided)
1 tsp Black Pepper (divided)
1 pinch of Sugar
1 tbsp Canola Oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 tsp Salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, sugar and Italian dressing and marinate chicken overnight.
- Preheat a big pot / Dutch oven at medium high heat and add 1 tbsp Canola oil.
- Single layer chicken in the pot (may need to cook in 2-3 batches; save the marinade).
- Brown chicken about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to plate and repeat the last 2 steps until all chicken is browned.
- Add frozen vegetables and garlic; stir until vegetables thawed, but not cooked.
- Add rice, water and marinade leftover.
- Bring rice mixture to a boil.
- Add remaining salt and pepper and nestle the chicken in and turn down the heat to simmer for 15 minutes or according to package directions of wild rice.
- Add Parmesan cheese on top and sit for 5-10 minutes away from heat source or according to wild rice package directions.
- Add parsley to garnish and serve.
4 easy ingredients to make this one-pot dinner
Recipe One Pot Chicken Steps with Photos
Mix Italian salad dressing with other seasoning in a mixing bowl
Marinate chicken overnight
Brown chicken 3-4 minutes per side
Put chicken aside and cook frozen vegetables
Cook vegetables to thaw and add wild rice mix
Add water and marinade leftover into rice mixture
Nestle chicken into rice mixture and simmer
Add Parmesan cheese on top of chicken and let sit for 5-10 minutes until melty
Garnish with Dried Parsley and Enjoy!
Recipe Ingredients and Tools
You May Also Be Interested In:
One-Pot Dinner Recipes
Home > Chicken Recipes > Recipe One Pot Chicken | One-Pot Italian Dressing Chicken Wild Rice with Peppers and Onion