One-Pot Sausage Raisins Wild Rice
Versatile Pantry Recipe
This one-pot sausage raisins wild rice is definitely a pantry recipe to me. All ingredients listed here are always in my pantry, fridge and/or freezer. Wait till you see how you can switch up the ingredients...
Prep Time: ZERO Active Cook Time: 8-10 Minutes
Inactive Cook Time:50 Minutes Serving: 2-4
Like, Share & Comment
If you like any recipes on this website, please like, share and comment. This will help other people like you to find them here. Thank you very much for your support!
As I said, this is a pantry recipe, you can switch different ingredients to replace those listed here. Let's check them out:
- Sausage vs Spam (1 can of spam and cut it into 1/2" dice) vs Diced hot dogs
- Raisins /Crasins vs any dried berries or dried fruit
- Celery vs Shredded carrots, diced bell peppers or frozen green peas
Talking about easy, huh?
Par-Boiled or Regular Wild Rice
When I created this recipe, there was no par-boiled wild rice in the market yet. After so many years of creating it, I explored different types of wild rice. I like both. Each offers its own benefits. You can interchanging them. But, I am going to stick to the original recipe here.
There is a difference between these 2 kinds of wild rice other than just the cooking time.
Regular Wild Rice Mix I use in this recipe
Regular wild rice is definitely heartier in texture. The volume you
will get out of either one of them by following the package instructions
is about the same. Par-boiled wild rice cooking time is half of the
So, which one should you choose? Here is how I look
at it: There is always give or take in our daily lives. It depends on
your lifestyle to make the best choices for yourselves.
1pound Italian Sweet Sausage (bulk)
2 Cup Regular Wild Rice
1/4 Cup Raisins /Crasins
3-4 Ribs Celery (diced)
3 1/2 Cup Water
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat a Dutch oven or a big pot at medium high heat
- Add oil and sausage
- Use spatula to break sausage into bite size and brown (about 8-10 minutes; don't worry about cooking through the meat at this time. It will continue cooking with the rice)
- Add rice, water, salt and pepper
- Stir to combine and let the mixture come to a boil
- Turn down the heat to medium low to low and simmer for 40 minutes covered with lid
- Stir in celery and raisins and cook for another 5 minutes and serve
My Amazon Picks
Par-boiled Wild Rice mix can save you half of the time
You May Also Be Interested In:
Return from One-Pot Sausage Raisins Wild Rice recipe page to Pork Recipes page
Return to Easy Dinner Ideas Homepage