Kale Chicken Soup
Vegetable Loaded Cajun Chicken Soup
Comfort Food on Fast Lane
This kale chicken soup is loaded with tons of awesome vegetables. It is super quick and easy and tasty.
Total Time: 45-55 Minutes
Prep Time: 10-15 Minutes
Active Cook Time: 35-40 Minutes
I love dark meat. But do feel free to replace it with white meat, such as boneless skinless chicken breast.
Frozen crinkle cut carrots would have a shorter cook time compared with fresh baby carrots. It is always my personal preference of having baby carrots because they are sweet and cute.
Kale Chicken Soup Recipe and Instructions
2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (cut into bite size)
1 lb Baby Carrots
4-6 Stalks Celery Ribs (diced)
1 bag (12-16oz) Pre-cut Kale
6 cups Chicken Bone Broth
2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning (adjust the amount per your preference)
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste (hold until the end. You may not need either.)
- In a big mixing bowl, add 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning into the chicken and toss to coat.
- Preheat a soup pot at high heat with extra virgin olive oil
- Add chicken into the pot and brown; stir every 2-3 minutes to brown the outside. Add the remaining 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning in. (You may want to wait until the end to add the last tbsp of Cajun seasoning if you can’t take too much spice and heat. Chicken is not cooked through at this time.)
- Add broth and bring it to rolling boil.
- Add carrots and cook it at low boil for 20 minutes. (Chicken will be cooked through after this step)
- Add kale and use a spatula to press the vegetables down into the soup.
- Add celery and cook for another 3-5 minutes until crisp tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy immediately.
Kale Chicken Soup Steps with Photos
Cut chicken into bite size.
Add 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning and toss to coat.
Brown chicken in the soup pot and add another tbsp Cajun seasoning in.
Chicken is not thoroughly cooked at this stage.
Add 6 cups Chicken Bone Broth and bring it to boil.
Add baby carrots and cook at low boil for 20 minutes.
Stir in kale and use a spatula to press the vegetables down into the soup.
Add diced celery and cook for another 3-5 minutes until crisp tender.
Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy immediately.
Recipe Ingredients and Tools
You May Also Be Interested In:
Home > Soup Recipes > Kale Chicken Soup | Vegetable Loaded Cajun Chicken Soup