Cake Mix Muffin Recipe
4-Ingredient Apple Cider Mini Muffins Bringing Fall Cosy Season to Your Home at Any Time
Cake mix muffin recipe is going to be your another crowd pleaser that you are going to make, enjoy and repeat over and over again.
Total Time: 40-44 Minutes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Inactive Cook Time: 30-34 Minutes
Serving: Make 30+ mini muffins
In upstate NY, apple cider donuts are HUGE, especially in the fall. It is a must-have almost for everyone. Instead of only enjoying them during a short period of time, I believe that it is always nice to have a bite of it throughout the year at any time you want.
The name of this cute recipe was not my original plan. It was my husband taking the first bite and said, “It tastes like apple cider donuts.” That was how it got its name. Believe it or not, they do taste like the real stuff. Funny that there was not even a drop of apple cider in the batter. Don’t you think it’s amazing?
The mixture of butter and oil is an adhesive agent between the muffin top and the cinnamon sugar. But why do we use the combination of these 2 instead of using purely butter? In colder weather, once these muffins cool down, the butter will form a hard crust. I personally prefer the muffins to be soft all the way through. So, it is really a personal preference. Feel free to go by your choice.
These mini-muffins stay in air tight container in room temperature and away from direct sunlight for good up to 2 weeks.
Recipe Ingredients and Tools
Cake Mix Muffin Recipe and Directions
1 box Yellow Cake Mix (or Golden Butter)
4 containers (4oz each) Apple Sauce (plain, cinnamon or combination of both)
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Mini Muffin Liners
1 tbsp Butter
1 tsp Canola Oil
Cinnamon Sugar Ingredients
1/2 cup Sugar
1tbsp Ground Cinnamon
(Store-bought pre-mixed cinnamon sugar works, too.)
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Combine cake mix, apple sauce and ground cinnamon together in a mixing bowl.
- Put muffin liners into the cups of a mini muffin tin.
- Use an ice-cream scoop (about 2 tsp each) to transfer batter into liners
- Bake in oven for 15-17 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center and come out clean.
- While waiting, in another mixing bowl combine cinnamon and sugar together, put aside.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and combine it with canola oil together.
- Once the mini-muffins are out of the oven, immediately transfer them into a baking sheet or any flat surface. (I have a cold baking sheet on a flat surface and invert the muffin tin so that all the hot mini-muffins will be out of the bakeware at the same time. This prevents you from getting burn or spending too much time to get them out one by one.) Brush butter and oil mixture on top of muffins.
- Dip muffins into cinnamon sugar to cover the top while it is still hot.
- Serve warm or cool and enjoy.
Cake Mix Muffin Recipe Steps with Photos
2 major ingredients making these mini-muffins
Put liners into each cup of the muffin pan
Applesauce and ground cinnamon
Mix them up
Stir in cake mix
Batter will be very airy and light
Use cookie dough or ice-cream scoop to transfer batter
Fill up the liners in the muffin pan
Freshly baked muffins out of the oven
Melt butter and oil together
Lightly brush butter mixture on top of muffins
Dip each mini muffin into the cinnamon sugar to coat
Enjoy these cuties
You May Also Be Interested In:
Home > Dessert Recipes > Cake Mix Muffin Recipe | 4-Ingredient Apple Cider Mini Muffins