Devils Food Recipe
2-Ingredient Chocolate Banana Mini Muffins
Insanely Easy & Delicious
More Reasons Saving Overripe Bananas
This devils food recipe was the combined inspiration of 2 of my favorite recipes. It is insanely easy and delicious by adding some overripe bananas. You may purposefully save more bananas just to make more of these cuties.
Total Time: 17-22 Minutes (24 mini muffins)
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Inactive Cook Time: 12-17 Minutes
Who doesn't like banana bread? I am a huge fan of banana bread since I was a kid. But after a while, I want to switch things up.
At the same time, my 2-ingredient mini pumpkin muffins were a big hit on the internet and within my circle of friends.
With these 2 reasons, I thought I would give it a try of do a "repeat". That's how I came up this recipe.
What amazed me was that the banana flavor is so well blended throughout without any extra help of any extract. It made it more attractive for this devils food recipe.
Look at how moist these cute muffins are.
Devils Food Recipe and Instructions
1 Box (13.25oz / 375g) Devil Food Cake Mix
3 Overripe Bananas (mashed)
Mini Cupcake Liners
- Preheat oven at 350F (177C).
- Line mini muffin pan with liners.
- In a mixing bowl, use a fork to mash up all the bananas (it is ok to have some small chunks to make it rustic. But the purpose is to release enough moisture for the cake mix.)
- Stir in devil's food cake mix until everything is well combined and no dry lumps.
- Use an ice-cream scoop about 2 tsp and scoop batter into each liner.
- Bake for 12-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle and come out clean.
- Let it cool at room temperature for 5 minutes before taking mini muffins out of the muffin pan.
- Continue to bake until the rest of the batter is gone.
- Serve when it is warm to touch or at room temperature.
- Store mini muffins into air tight container and chill in fridge up to a week.
Devils Food Recipe Steps with Photos
A box of Devil's Food cake mix and 3 overripe bananas.
Line mini muffin pan with liners.
Use a fork to mash up all the bananas.
It is ok to have some small chunks to make it rustic.
Stir in devil's food cake mix.
Till everything is well combined and no dry lumps. The batter is very moist.
Use an ice-cream scoop about 2 tsp and scoop batter into each liner.
Bake for 12-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle and come out clean.
Serve when it is warm to touch or at room temperature.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Home > Breakfast Recipes > Devils Food Recipe | 2-Ingredient Chocolate Banana Mini Muffins