Recipe Using Spice Cake Mix
2-Ingredient Mini Pumpkin Muffins
Crazily Easy, Cute and Tasty
Great for Snacks and Breakfast
Recipe using spice cake mix and only 2 ingredients are needed. Yes, the cake mix is one of the ingredients. I bet you will fall in love with these mini pumpkin muffins right away. You can serve them at home for breakfast and snacks. If you bring these cuties to a breakfast meeting, OMG, you will become the star of the event.
Total Time: 24-32 Minutes
Prep Time: 12-15 Minutes
Inactive Cook Time: 12-17 Hours
Before this recipe, I saw many box cake recipes out there which are very similar to this one. Many of them use yellow cake mix and require to add spices into the batter. In my opinion, that is a few more steps to do. Isn’t there other more convenient way?
The other setback of those recipes I saw online make big muffins. Anything with warm spices like cinnamon always tastes better in smaller bites. Otherwise, it could be very overwhelming.
You know I always strive for something easier and quicker to get the best result. So, I thought that I would use spice cake mix to give it a try. Voila! What an awesome surprise.
If spice cake mix is too spicy for you, the next best alternative is carrot cake mix.
Yes, this recipe using spice cake mix is absolutely kid-friendly. My little one loves the spices. You can also ask your little helper(s) to give you a hand to make these cute muffins together.
Recipe Using Spice Cake Mix and Instructions
1 Box Spice Cake Mix
1 can (15oz) Pumpkin Puree
- Line mini cupcake liners in cupcake tin
- Preheat oven at 350F
- Combine ingredients together with a wooden spatula until it is all well mixed
- Use an ice-cream scoop of 2 tsp size to transfer batter into cupcake tin
- Bake for 12-17 minutes until toothpick insert into the middle and comes out clean
- Let mini muffins cool at room temperature for 5 minutes before transferring to a serving plate and enjoy immediately.
- Repeat these steps until all batter is gone. Make 36-40 mini muffins.
- Store these mini muffins in an air tight glass container. If it stays in room temperature, muffins are good up to 5 days.
Recipe Using Spice Cake Mix Steps with Photos
Line mini cupcake liners in cupcake tin.
Only 2 ingredients. Pumpkin puree and spice cake mix.
When you combine the only 2 ingredients together, it may look too dry.
See, once all the ingredients are mixed together, the batter is perfect.
Use an ice-cream scoop of 2 tsp size to transfer batter into cupcake tin.
Bake for 12-17 minutes until toothpick insert into the middle and comes out clean.
Let mini muffins cool at room temperature for 5 minutes before transferring to a serving plate and enjoy immediately.
Recipe Ingredients and Tools
You May Also Be Interested In:
Home > Breakfast Recipes > Recipe Using Spice Cake Mix | 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Mini Muffins