Easy Chicken Soup Recipe
Low Carb Chicken Fajita Soup; Dinner's Ready Under 30 Minutes
Easy chicken soup recipe makes a quick, healthy and flavorful dinner. This is a must-try.
Total Time: 25-27 Minutes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Active Cook Time: 15-17 Minutes
I have been thinking of this recipe for a while. As much as I love to have taco, a low-carb version is a must for me so that I don’t fall asleep right after a delicious meal.
Compared to my other fajita chicken recipe, this is a super fast version.
As usual, you can serve some carbs on the side for the rest of your family, such as some taco chips.
Serving sour cream on the side is an optional choice, too. I must admit that a dollop of sour cream gives a very unique flavor to this soup. And I do like it a lot.
Easy Chicken Soup Recipe and Directions
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 8oz / 227g each and cut into bite size)
2 lbs (907g) Frozen Stir Fry Mix (a.k.a. sliced onion and bell peppers)
4 cups (33oz / 946g) Chicken or Bone Broth
2-3 tbsp Fajita mix (divided)
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sour Cream (optional; for serving only)
- Preheat extra virgin olive oil in a soup pot at high heat.
- Single layer chicken to brown about 3-4 minutes; sprinkle 1 tbsp of fajita seasoning on top.
- Turn meat over and sprinkle another 1 tbsp of fajita seasoning on top; turn heat to medium high and let it brown for another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir meat one more time and add frozen vegetables in and stir it around; turn heat to high.
- Add broth and cover to bring it to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the last tbsp of fajita seasoning if it is needed or salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a dollop of sour cream (optional) and serve immediately.
Want More Keto/Low-Carb Recipes?!
This ebook will teach you to cook authentic Chinese food in a healthy way. It will also show you how to get the beautiful colors, texture and taste you get from your favorite Chinese restaurants.
Easy Chicken Soup Recipe Steps with Photos
4 easy ingredients for this quick chicken soup recipe
Brown chicken at high heat
Add fajita seasoning on both sides of chicken
Add frozen vegetables into the same pot
Stir to combine everything together
Add chicken broth and simmer
Add more fajita seasoning or salt and pepper to taste
Add a dollop of sour cream (optional) and ENJOY!
You May Also Be Interested In:
Home > Chicken Recipes > Easy Chicken Soup Recipe | Low Carb Chicken Fajita Soup