Ham Waffle Sandwich
A Super Versatile Recipe
On-the-Go Breakfast, After School Snack
Simple Dinner or Finger Food for Parties
This waffle recipe is super versatile. You can use store-bought waffles (that what I use here) and ham leftover. You can also make single or multiple servings for on-the go breakfast or after school snack to hold it over until dinner time. There are so many wow factors here in this recipe. So, let’s get cooking.
Total Time: 7 Minutes
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
Active Cook Time: 5 Minutes
This super easy (leftover) ham waffle sandwich was inspired by my then-6-year-old kid.
My son and I love watching cooking shows together. In fact, thanks to these cooking shows, my son is more open to try different food. Anyway, we were watching one of our favorite cooking shows, Diners, Drive-in and Dives. A diner serves their homemade ham and waffle sandwich. As soon as the host, Guy Fiery, finished tasting it. My son told me, "Mommy, we can try that." So, there it is.
Most of the time, I buy pre-sliced uncured ham in a relatively small package to serve it. But if you serve a ham dinner and got a lot of leftover, this is a great way to use it all up. Best of all, it is unbelievably delicious and easy to make, no matter if you are making one or several for on-the-go meal.
Waffle Recipe and Instructions
2 Toaster Waffles
1 Slice of Ham or Ham Leftover
1/2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
(This is only for 1 serving. Multiply the quantity by number of servings and follow the instructions below to assemble the ham waffle sandwiches)
For 1-2 servings
- Heat 1/2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a skillet at medium high heat, warm up, sear or brown the sliced ham on stove top; about 2-3 minutes per side
- Heat up the toaster waffles in the toaster (and skip to Step 4 below to assemble the sandwich)
For 4+ servings
- Follow the instructions on the package to warm up the toaster waffles in the oven.
- While the oven is working, heat 1/2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a skillet at medium high heat, warm up, sear or brown the sliced ham on stove top to cook 2-3 sliced ham at a time; about 2-3 minutes per side
- Transfer to a plate and cover with tented foil to keep them warm and continue the cooking process for the rest of the ham
- To assemble ham waffle sandwiches, spread butter on one side of each waffle.
- Put a slice of ham between 2 waffles facing the buttered sides and serve along with maple syrup
Waffle Recipe Steps with Photos
Butter one side of each waffle and put a slice of ham between the buttered sides.
Top the sandwich with maple syrup.
You can cut up this sandwich to mini sandwiches and serve as snack or finger food. To prevent the mini sandwiches to become soggy, serve the syrup on the side.
Wrap the sandwich individually in a piece of wax or parchment paper and bring along a mini to-go cup with syrup for dipping.
Wrap the assembled sandwiches in parchment paper and store them in the fridge. Pop one into the microwave to warm up whenever you need it.
- After assembling the sandwiches, wrap them individually with parchment or wax paper.
- Put maple syrup into a small to-go cup for dipping
Waffle Recipe for After School Snacks Or Finger Food
My hubby and my son love the waffles with 4 mini ones sticking together. You can cut the ham sandwiches by the size of the mini waffles to make mini ham waffle sandwich bites.
You can serve mini bites for after school snacks or finger food in a party. Always serve the maple syrup on the side to prevent the sandwiches becoming soggy.
Recipe Ingredients and Tools
You May Also Be Interested In:
Home > Breakfast Recipes > Waffle Recipe | Ham Waffle Sandwich