Pork Roast Recipe
Pork Roast with Asparagus and Chimichurri Sauce
Low Maintenance, Economical and Delicious Dinner for A Big Crowd
A pork roast recipe is super easy and tasty that you can pop it into the oven and walk away. It takes care of itself. While it is resting, you cook the veggies in the dripping. Then, everything is ready to feed a big crowd. Wow, that sums up how simple this dinner is. You must try this pork roast with asparagus and chimichurri sauce. I swear you will get addicted to that sauce because I did.
Total Time: 3 Hours 20 Minutes to 3 Hours 50 Minutes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Inactive Cook Time: 3 Hours 10 Minutes to 3 Hours 40 Minutes
The marinade and dressing are the same, except the marinade uses garlic powder and the dressing uses fresh minced garlic. What I do is that I double the ingredients of the marinade when I make purchases. When I prepare the marinade, I prepare the dressing at the same time. This saves you a ton of time to make both of them separately.
You may follow the instructions of another oven baked pork roast recipe if you cook it during the week. That recipe will show you how to utilize the time while you are sleeping and getting ready for work the next day to squeeze in the oven cooking time. Believe me, if you are a working parent at the office instead of working from home, it is hard to be mindful of your oven. Apply those methods here in this recipe.
Cilantro is a kind of herb that not everyone accepts it. If you are not the big fan of it, try parsley. It works well, too.
I cooked this pork roast recipe many times and paired it with different kinds of vegetables, such as broccoli, potatoes and green beans. Asparagus is the best because of the marinade and the quick cooking time. If you can find something better than that, please share with me your idea.
Pork Roast Recipe and Instructions
6-6.5 lbs Bone-In Pork butt
2 lbs Asparagus Spears (trimmed)
1 Lime (zest and juice)
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
2 tbsp Dried Cilantro
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Same ingredients and quantity used in marinade, except replacing garlic powder with 1 heaping tbsp minced garlic
- Since the marinade and dressing almost the same, we will prepare them at the same time.
- Have 2 mixing bowls and combine all dressing ingredients together in one bowl and marinade ingredients in the other bowl.
- Transfer meat into a big mixing bowl and pour in the marinade.
- Coat and message meat with marinade. Turn meat skin side up. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for 2 hours and let marinade to do its work. It also allows this big piece of meat to get to room temperature as well. (Yes, you can chill the meat in the fridge overnight. If so, make sure to let it sit at room temperature at least an hour before cooking it in the oven.)
- Chill dressing in the fridge to let all the flavors marry together.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Preheat oven at 425F and transfer meat into the pan skin side up. Pour marinade into the pan as well.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cover the entire pan with foil and cook meat in oven at 350F for 2-2.5 hours or until meat thermometer gets instant temperature of 170F.
- Transfer meat to a plate and rest for 10 minutes.
- Turn on broiler and transfer trimmed asparagus into the same roasting pan with dripping; toss to coat. Single layer.
- Cook asparagus for about 5-8 minutes or until crisp tender. (With the dripping, you may smell something burning in the oven before the cooking time is up . When you smell that burn, even its cooking time is NOT up yet, it should be the time for the asparagus to come out.)
- At this point, the skin had already done its job by protecting the meat from drying out during the cooking process. You can remove and discard the skin before carving. You can also carve the meat with the skin on just to give some color of the dish. Either way works fine.
- Carve meat and serve along with dressing and asparagus. Enjoy!
Pork Roast Recipe Steps with Photos
Have 2 mixing bowls and combine all dressing ingredients together in one bowl and marinade ingredients in the other bowl.
Same ingredients used in marinade, except replacing garlic powder with 1 heaping tbsp minced garlic for dressing.
Chill dressing in the fridge to let all the flavors marry together.
Transfer meat into a big mixing bowl and pour in the marinade.
Transfer meat into the pan skin side up. Pour marinade into the pan as well.
Cook in the oven until meat thermometer gets instant temperature of 170F.
While meat is resting, transfer trimmed asparagus into the same roasting pan with dripping.
Cook asparagus under the broiler for about 5-8 minutes or until crisp tender.
Carve meat (you can keep or remove the skin at this point.)
Serve pork roast along with dressing and asparagus. Enjoy!
Recipe Ingredients and Tools
You May Also Be Interested In:
Home > Pork Recipes > Pork Roast Recipe | Pork Roast with Asparagus and Chimichurri Sauce