Recipe for Baked Chicken
Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Is A Super Easy and Yummy Chinese Dinner for An Entire Family
This recipe for baked chicken is yummy and super amazing. Chinese family dinner is unbelievably easy. You are going to crave for this over and over again.
Total Time: 95-98 Minutes
Prep Time: 5-8 Minutes
Inactive Cook Time: 90 Minutes
Honey garlic recipe is pretty common out there. It looks like Chinese food. But it is more like a Chinese fusion recipe.
People nowadays are super busy. The world goes around us too fast. You most probably love multi-tasking, just like I do. That means doing several things at the same time, right? That's what I always like to utilize my oven to get the job done.
Use boneless skinless chicken thighs will cut down the cook time in half.
In this recipe for baked chicken, it does show you when the rice should start cooking. However, if you want to keep your carb consumption as low as possible, it is totally ok to skip the rice part. If you have a big crowd to feed, the steamed white rice will surely help you to bump up the volume of this Chinese dinner.
I did use boneless skinless chicken thighs to make this chicken recipe once. If you choose to do that, cook time needs to cut in half. Otherwise, the meat will be dry out.
Use bone-in skin-on chicken thighs will keep the meat very moist.
Recipe for Baked Chicken and Instructions
5-6 lbs Bone-in Skin-on Chicken Thighs
3 lb Frozen Broccoli Florets
No-stick Cooking Spray
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Ginger Powder
1/2 cup Raw Honey
1 pinch Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 splash of Superior Light Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tsp Minced Garlic
1/3 cup Raw Honey
1 tbsp Superior Light Soy Sauce
1 pinch Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 tsp Minced Ginger
- Transfer bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs into a big mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine marinade ingredients together. Pour marinade on top of the chicken thighs. Toss to coat and chill in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven at 425F.
- Line a 23x16" baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with no-stick cooking spray.
- Single layer chicken thigh on baking sheet skin side down.
- Bake chicken for 50 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before the cook time is up, line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and add frozen broccoli in.
- Turn chicken over and cook for another 40 minutes until it is thoroughly cooked through. At the same time, slide in the roasting pan of broccoli into the oven. The chicken and broccoli will be cooked together at this time.
- If you plan to serve with white rice, start its cooking process now.
- About 15 minutes before the chicken is out of the oven, combine all ingredients of the dressing in a medium sauce pan and simmer.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes and leave broccoli in the oven and continue to cook, if needed.
- Transfer vegetables, rice and chicken on serving plate and top with dressing and serve immediately.
Recipe for Baked Chicken Steps with Photos
Combine marinade seasonings together.
Whisk in liquid ingredients of the marinade.
Pour marinade into chicken and toss to coat.
Single layer chicken on baking sheet skin side down and bake.
Combine dressing ingredients together.
Cook dressing in a shallow pan and simmer.
Cook frozen broccoli during the 2nd half cook time of the chicken.
Let chicken rest for 5-8 minutes while broccoli may continue cooking in the oven.
Assemble chicken, broccoli and, maybe, rice, together. ENJOY!
Recipe Ingredients and Tools
Serve This With:
You May Also Be Interested In:
Home > Chicken Recipes > Recipe for Baked Chicken | Baked Honey Garlic Chicken