Savory French Toast Recipe
Chicken Sandwich French Toast with Sriracha Maple Syrup is A Super Easy, Economical and Delicious Meal. It's Great for Any Occasion
This savory French toast recipe is an East-meet-West quick and easy meal. It is sweet, but sassy. What not to love?
Total Time: 8-13 Minutes
Prep Time: 3-5 Minutes
Active Cook Time: 5-8 Minutes
Is it French toast or sandwich? It did take me a while to determine the name of this recipe. It is very similar to Monte Cristo sandwich. But it is not. It is very unique in its own way.
To some people, even a few drops of Sriracha sauce is still too much. Feel free to skip it and use some spicy deli chicken which comparatively has less heat. It is also totally fine to skip all the spicy flavor from both the sauce and the deli chicken. If so, just use all regular flavored chicken and syrup. It is still delicious.
The batter ingredients in this recipe will be enough to make 2 chicken sandwich French toasts.
Feel free to double, triple or quadruple the quantity of this recipe. Just bear in mind that it surely will take a bit longer for every step. But it is still a very affordable, quick and easy meal.
Savory French Toast Recipe and Instructions
4 slices White Bread
2-4 slices of Deli Chicken (any flavor; I use chipotle flavored deli chicken.)
1 Large Egg (beaten)
2 tsp Milk
1 pinch of Salt
1/2 tbsp Butter
1/2 tbsp Canola Oil
- In a shallow plate, beat egg, milk and salt together to make batter.
- Preheat a shallow skillet/griddle with butter and canola oil at medium high to medium heat.
- Assemble a chicken sandwich. (depends on how thick you want your French toast. 4 slices of thinly sliced deli chicken for each sandwich would be the maximum. Otherwise, it will take forever to warm through the entire sandwich.)
- Dip sandwich into the batter real quick to cover both sides.
- Transfer sandwich into the preheated skillet/griddle. (Some griddle can cook up to 4 French toasts at a time.)
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes, turn over to the other side and cook another 1-2 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer chicken sandwich French toast to a serving plate.
- Add dots of Sriracha sauce around the French toast on the edge of the plate and top French toast with maple syrup and enjoy immediately.
Savory French Toast Recipe Steps with Photos
1 large egg, 2 tsp of milk and a pinch of salt
Whisk and make batter
2-4 pieces of thinly sliced deli chicken and 2 slices of white bread
Assemble to make a simple chicken sandwich
1/2 tbsp Butter and 1/2 tbsp Canola Oil
Dip sandwich into the batter
Transfer sandwich into the preheated skillet
Turn sandwich French toast over after 2-3 minutes of cooking
Add maple syrup and surround French toast with drops of Sriracha sauce
Enjoy chicken sandwich French toast with spicy maple syrup
Recipe Ingredients and Tools
You May Also Be Interested In:
Home > Breakfast Recipes > Savory French Toast Recipe | Chicken Sandwich French Toast with Sriracha Maple Syrup
New! CommentsBe the first of your friends to comment what you just read