Breakfast Idea Egg
Ham Scrambled Eggs with Onion and Pepper Breakfast, Brunch or Dinner Filling, But Healthy
This breakfast idea egg recipe was not my original plan, but a frittata. But I decided to change it the last minute because of the principle of making quick and easy dinner recipes.
Total Time: 20-25 Minutes
Prep Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
I used 8 eggs in this meal. But if you have a big crowd, please feel free to add up to 12 eggs. Yes, the cook time will be longer, but just a few minutes longer, nothing significant at all.
This is a very filling and healthy meal. Not enough? Serve some hearty toasts along.
If you don't have any ham leftover, you can replace it with Canadian bacon or some ham steak.
Since the ham is very salty already, I highly recommend that you serve the salt and pepper on the side and let your guests to decide if more seasoning is needed.
Breakfast Idea Egg Recipe and Instructions
1 big Green Bell Pepper (discard membrane and seeds; diced)
1 small Onion (diced)
2 cups (14oz / 403g) Ham Leftover (diced) or Pre-Diced Ham
8 Eggs (beaten)
4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil at medium high heat in a big skillet
- Add onion and cook for 2 minutes until softened
- Add green bell pepper and cooks another 2 minutes
- Add ham and cook about a minute
- Turn up the heat to high and add the other 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Quick stir and add eggs
- When the side of the eggs starts to set a little bit, use the spatula to pull it to the center
- Repeat this step regularly until eggs are set and solid (about 3-5 minutes)
- Serve with toasts on the side
Breakfast Idea Egg Steps with Photos
Cook onion until softened
Add green pepper until warm through
Cook ham to warm through
Once the edge of the eggs set, use the spatula to pull it to the center. Repeat this step until eggs are set
You can cook the eggs a couple more minutes to brown. Otherwise, this is ready to serve
Serve ham scrambled eggs with onion and pepper with hearty wheat toasts
You May Also Be Interested In:
Home > Breakfast Recipes > Breakfast Idea Egg | Ham Scrambled Eggs with Onion and Pepper