Cabbage Mandarin Orange Salad With
Honey Garlic Dressing
Asian Food Can Still
Be Tasty And Healthy
Cabbage Mandarin Orange Salad With Honey Garlic Dressing...When do you usually see cabbage in Chinese cooking? Well, it is mostly in stir-fry and pickles.
I must say that this ingredient can sustain its great texture through and through. This recipe is an expansion of the Chinese pickle part. It is so colorful and beautiful.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: ZERO Serving: 4-6
Cut cabbage into quarters
Cut side faces opposite direction of the mandolin's blade
The cabbage core is your handle. Once its job is done, discard it
Using the mandolin allows to cut the cabbage super thin which makes it easy to absorb the dressing and eat.
But please be careful when you handle this kitchen tool. It is super sharp.
Also, when you slice the cabbage quarter on it, have the cut side of the vegetables facing you instead of the blade. It is easier to slice through.
Cabbage Mandarin Orange Salad With Honey Garlic Dressing Recipe
Before adding the dressing, it may look a lot
Once it is tossed with the dressing, the volume will shrink down
Coming along beautifully. Chill it overnight first
Add Mandarin orange on top and serve
1 small Green Cabbage (about 1 pound)
1 small Red Cabbage (about 1 pound)
1 Can (14 oz) Mandarin Oranges (drained)
1 Minced Garlic
1 teaspoon Grated Ginger
1/4 cup Honey
2 teaspoons Superior Light Soy Sauce
2 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk to combine all dressing ingredients together and put aside
- Cut cabbages into quarters and leave core intact with the wedges (The core is your handle)
- Hold cabbage quarter at the core and slice on mandolin (please be careful and watch your fingers)
- Face cut side of cabbage away from the blade of mandolin
- Transfer slice cabbage to a big salad bowl (it may look a lot and overflowing. Once the dressing is in, the quantity is perfect)
- Add dressing and toss to coat and chill in fridge overnight
- Add mandarin oranges and serve
My Amazon Picks
You May Also Be Interested In:
Return from Cabbage Mandarin Orange Salad With Honey Garlic Dressing Recipe page to Asian Recipes page
Return to Easy Dinner Ideas Homepage