Spinach Ham Egg Muffins
Grab and Go
Make Ahead Breakfast
Spinach Ham Egg Muffins, a powerhouse for hunger fighting.
I love eggs. As much as I love breakfast casseroles, something has more eggs in it sounds better to me.
A box of frozen spinach and a dozen of eggs are the staples in my freezer and fridge. Some cold cuts occasionally are there, too. So, eventually, that was how this recipe came up.
Prep Time: 10-15 Minutes Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
Serving: 12 Muffins
More Tips on Spinach Ham Egg Muffins
Feel free to switch to other cold cut, instead of ham. I, myself, prefer to stick with some ingredients which save me from extra cooking time.
You do need to coat your muffin pan liberally for easy clean-up later. Or, use baking liner.
What To Do With The Leftover?
Although these egg muffins are so tasty and addictive, there could be leftover. What can you do with those?
Well, it is super easy. Here are the steps for you to prepare them to go into the freezer and serve them later. Or make a grab-and-go breakfast.
- Wrap each egg muffin into a piece of parchment paper tightly
- Put all wrapped muffins into a food container and store into the freezer
- Thaw muffins in the fridge overnight
- Heat the wrapped (yes, together with the parchment paper) egg muffin(s) in a microwave oven for 15-20 seconds and serve immediately
Wrap each spinach ham egg muffin leftover with a piece of parchment paper tightly
Put them into a food container and freeze
Microwave thawed egg muffin for 15-20 seconds and enjoy
Spinach Ham Egg Muffins Recipe
12oz Cubed Ham
1 box (10 oz) Frozen Spinach (thawed and squeeze out extra liquid)
1 cup Shredded Double Cheddar Cheese
8 large Eggs (beaten)
1 cup Whole Milk
1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat a regular 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray liberally
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, Parmesan cheese, milk, salt and pepper together (I highly recommend to hold the salt until serving because both ham and Parmesan cheese bring a lot of saltiness into these egg muffins)
- Evenly distribute these ingredients in this order: Ham, spinach, cheddar cheese
- Pour in egg milk mixture to reach about 3/4 full of each muffin cup
- Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes until knife inserted in the middle and come out clean and serve immediately
Easy to eat, figure-friendly and filling, how can you resist these cuties?
Coat muffin pan liberally with no-stick cooking spray
Add diced ham at the bottom
Divide 1 box of thawed frozen spinach among 12 cups
Divide 1 cup of cheddar cheese among 12 cups
Beat eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a separate bowl
Evenly distribute egg mixture among 12 cups
Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes until knife inserted in the middle and come out clean
Recipe Ingredients and Tools
Serve This With:
You May Also Be Interested In:
Return from Spinach Ham Egg Muffins Recipe page to Breakfast Recipes page
Return to Easy Dinner Ideas Homepage