Strawberry Pork Chops
Romantic Dinner For Two Ideas
Or Make It Double For
Double Date Dinner
Strawberry Pork Chops, a romantic dinner recipe for your Valentine.
I was reading my favorite Chinese newspaper in Hong Kong online around 2005. There has been a section always exploring new dining places in Hong Kong. This particular article was introducing strawberry pork chops.
The article never shared the recipe, but reviewing how delicious that dish was. Just looking at its name, a recipe came into mind of how to make it without flying all the way back home.
I haven't cooked it for a long time. I cooked it lately and thought that it would be a perfect recipe for a romantic dinner or dinner for Valentine's Day. Feel free to double the quantity to cook for an entire family or double date.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 60-80 Minutes Serving: 2
Tips - Strawberry Pork Chops
If you are going to double this recipe, make sure there is at least 1" space around each piece of meat when you line them up on a roasting pan or baking dish. This will allow the heat to go through. Cooking time will be the same.
2 1-inch thick Pork Chops
1/2 lb Frozen Sliced Strawberries with Juice and Sugar (thawed)
2 tbsp Strawberry Preserve
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Dried Rosemary
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
No-stick Cooking Spray
- Mix marinade ingredients in a big mixing bowl
- Toss in pork chops and coat
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave meat in room temperature for at least an hour (If you plan on having this dinner later during the week, chill it in the fridge. But make sure to allow the meat to stay in room temperature at least an hour before going into the oven.)
- Preheat oven at 425F
- Line roasting pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray
- Transfer meat to roasting pan (make sure there is plenty of space around each piece of meat)
- Cook 40 minutes, turn over and cook another 20-30 minutes until thoroughly cooked or meat thermometer inserted horizontally into the middle of the meat with instant temperature of 170F
- Let meat rest in room temperature for 5 minutes and topped it with strawberry sauce and serve immediately
- While the meat is in the oven, transfer strawberries with juice into a medium sauce pan and bring it to simmer
- Add strawberry preserve to thicken up the sauce slightly (the sauce is relatively thin)
- Salt and pepper to taste and turn down the heat to keep it warm until meat is done and add sauce on top
My Amazon Picks
You May Also Be Interested In:
How To Line A Baking Pan With Foil
Return from Strawberry Pork Chops recipe page to Pork Recipes page
Return to Easy Dinner Ideas Homepage