Better Than Take-Out
Roast Pork Fried Rice
Do you love to order roast pork fried rice when you go to the Chinese restaurant or order take-out?
Do you think that it is very difficult to cook this at home?
Prep Time: 5-10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Serving: 2-4
Like, Share & Comment
If you like any recipes on this website, please like, share and comment. This will help other people like you to find them here. Thank you very much for your support!
Good news....as long as you know the tips and techniques of cooking Chinese fried rice, you will easily impress your family and friends by serving restaurant quality roast pork fried rice.
Check out the Best Fried Rice Recipes page to learn all the tips and techniques.
Roast Pork Fried Rice Recipe
4-6 cups cooked white rice
2 cups of BBQ pork tenderloin leftover or Chinese roast pork (coming soon) (diced)
1 small onion (diced; most people in my family don't like cooked onion. So, I substitute it with 1 teaspoon onion powder)
1/4 - 1/3 cups frozen green peas
2 - 3 scallion (optional and chopped)
1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
1 glove minced garlic
1/4 cup granola oil and more
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon superior lite soy sauce
1 splash superior dark soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon Sesame oil (optional)
- Preheat oil in a deep skillet at medium high heat
(If you have the onion, cook it now until it is softened)
- Add rice and cover the pot for 4-5 minutes to allow the rice to loosen up
- Use spatula to break up the rice regularly
- Totally take about 8-10 minutes for the rice breaking up
(At this stage, the bottom of the pot may look dry. Or the rice tends to stick to the bottom of the pot. This is a good indicator to add more oil. Add 1 tbsp at a time)
- Turn up the heat to high (rice should be hot enough that you can see some of them bouncing in the skillet)
- Crack eggs directly on top of the hot rice and stir
- While stirring, you will break up the yolks and mix the rice together
- Every rice grain should be light yellow in color and the eggs are set
- Add roast pork and stir to combine
- Stir in all the soy sauces, garlic, ginger, onion powder and salt
- Add green peas
- Stir until peas are warm, about 1-2 minutes
- Turn off heat and add sesame oil (optional)
- Stir to combine
- Garnish with scallions and serve (optional)
Can be doubled
Feel free to replace with chicken leftover
Take a picture and share with me your successful story.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Return from Roast Pork Fried Rice Recipe page to Asian Recipes page
Return to Easy Dinner Ideas Homepage