How to make the best fried rice recipes as good as any Chinese restaurants out there?
Fried rice definitely is under the category of easy dinner idea. It's always a one-pot meal. It uses up the leftover that you won't be guilty of wasting food.
Over 90% of the time, the ingredients used in a fried rice recipe are the staples in your pantry or freezer. You can make all different fried rice dinner without any
limitation, except your imagination.
The nice thing is that you can add many healthy ingredients in the fried rice and make it an easy, gluten-free and guilt-free dinner. Isn't that nice?
Here are several tips and secrets for you:
Fried rice, fried rice....of course, rice is the main ingredient of this one-pot meal.
I assume you cook the rice from scratch instead of using the quick cooking rice from the box.
The rice we use and talk about here is white long grain rice, not brown rice, wild rice or sushi rice.
1. Rice must be rinsed before cooking. The rice can't have too much
starch. When the rice is cooked, does that mean you can go ahead to cook
fried rice? Unfortunately, no.
Freshly cooked rice can never make a great fried rice dish, not to mention the best one. But a pot of perfectly steamed white rice will set you up for success.
2. It must be rice leftover. Rice needs to be dry enough to make fried
rice. The freshly cooked rice you just made in step one needs to wait
until tomorrow before you can use it for any best fried rice recipes.
What I always do is that I will at least double the quantity of the steamed rice. So, I can serve the fluffy rice tonight and have enough leftover for a delicious fried rice dinner for the other night during the week.
3. Once you start cooking, the rice must be nice and warm in the pot
before you can add other ingredients. The best indicator is to see if
the rice still sticks together. This process takes time. Be patient.
When the grains are bouncing on the pot, you can start adding eggs. Always add one ingredient at a time.
4. Instead of adding the beaten eggs, crack the eggs directly on top of
the hot rice. Stir until the eggs are combined and set with the rice.
The traditional fried rice is
light golden in color. But always feel free to add some dark soy sauce to give some color to the rice just like the Chinese restaurants do.
5. If you are on diet, fried rice may not be something that you want
to have. It is called fried rice which means it needs oil. I mean a lot
of oil. A typical fried rice dish
uses at least 1/4 cup of oil. Most of the time, it needs more than that.
However, you can improvise. One of the solutions is to have some nice cooking pots and pans. Like the Dutch oven from the Paula Deen series helps you from using too much oil.
6. There are some condiments that they always use in the best fried rice recipes, such as the "superior light" soy sauce, "superior dark" soy sauce, scallion (optional) and sesame oil. If you don't have the last 2, don't sweat it.
7. Most fried rice recipes do not have sauce. I mean the quantity of sauce like in a pasta dish. Therefore, when you add soy sauce or other sauces, go easy. Otherwise, the fried rice will be mushy.
Now, we have covered the tips and techniques of making the best fried rice dishes, let's check out what fried rice recipes awaiting for you to enjoy.
Serve This With:
You May Also Be Interested In:
Thank you very much for your visit. Please check regularly for more update of this page.
Home > Best Fried Rice Recipes
New! CommentsBe the first of your friends to comment what you just read