Sauteed Asparagus Pepperoni
A Pantry Staple + Seasonal Vegetable
My husband loves pepperoni. Of course, my son is the shadow of his father. So, I always have at least a bag of sliced pepperoni in my pantry all the time. My mom and my grandma always look into what they have in the pantry and make their next meal or for new recipe ideas. So, here is one of my concussion.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 10-12 Minutes Serving: 2-4
Like, Share & Comment
If you like any recipes on this website, please like, share and comment. This will help other people like you to find them here. Thank you very much for your support!
Alternative for Asparagus
Some people do not like asparagus. Or this vegetable is not in season. So, any other alternative? Cut green beans would be a good substitute.
Transform Sauteed Asparagus Pepperoni
To A Salad
Since the pepperoni is so tasty, you can toss it with short pasta. Serve the salad either warm, room temperature or cold.
1.5-2 pounds Asparagus
1/8 -1/4 cup Diced/Sliced Pepperoni (if it's pre-sliced one, cut them into 3 parts)
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Take a piece of asparagus, hold both ends and slightly bend it
- The tough part will break apart from the tender part
- Use that asparagus spear as your measuring unit and align it with the rest of the asparagus spears and cut the tough parts and discard
- Then, cut the asparagus 1" long at an angle
- Preheat a big skillet at medium high heat
- Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil and pepperoni in and cook until the edge starts crispy; about 2 minutes
- Add asparagus and cook to desired crisp tender; about 5-8 minutes
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately
You May Also Be Interested In:
Return from Sauteed Asparagus Pepperoni Recipe page to Easy Side Dish Recipes page
Return to Easy Dinner Ideas Homepage