Parmesan Cauliflower Risotto
You Won't Believe It Is
Parmesan Cauliflower Risotto....what made me to create this recipe? Well, people have sweet tooth. I have a carb tummy. I love noodles, rice and pasta. I feel something is missing if I don't have some on a daily basis.
However, there is a downfall. Not only it is bad to your health by over consumption, but also carb makes me tired. How bad is it? In 30 minutes right after eating any carb, I want to go to sleep or dose off unconsciously. Pretty bad, huh?
Prep Time: ZERO Cook Time: 20 Minutes Serving: 3-4
So, any quick fix? Not really, in my opinion, other than cutting it down or totally skip it.
But I learned my lesson through experience, skipping it completely will come back and haunt me. It will be even worse. Balance is the key of success.
Anyway, this recipe is part of my solution that I talked about. Enjoy!
Cover skillet with splatter screen helps to thaw frozen cauliflower rice quicker
Make this thick and smooth Parmesan sauce in a sauce pan
Pour sauce into cauliflower rice
Stir to combine. Make sure to salt and pepper to taste again
Garnish with dried Parsley
Ready to dig in?
Parmesan Cauliflower Risotto Recipe
3 bags (12 oz each) Frozen Cauliflower Rice
3 tbsp Butter
3 (hipping) tbsp All Purpose Flower
2 1/2 cup Whole Milk
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (extra for topping later, optional)
2 tbsp Dried Parsley (for garnish)
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Add frozen cauliflower rice and Extra Virgin olive oil in a big deep skillet and cook at high heat for about 5 minutes covered with splatter screen (this will keep the heat inside the skillet and allow the water vapor from cauliflower rice to evaporate at the same time)
- Stir regularly to ensure every grain thawed
- Once it is thawed, turn heat to medium low to low and continue to cook for next 10-12 minutes uncovered; stir regularly
- While it is cooking, in a medium sauce pan, combine butter and flour together
- Whisk to combine and cook roux for about 1 minute
- Add milk and whisk until sauce is smooth and thick
- Stir in Parmesan Cheese, salt and pepper to taste
- Sauce should be thick to coat the back of a spoon
- Pour sauce on top of cauliflower rice and fold all ingredients together; salt and pepper to taste
- Top with more Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Garnish with dried parsley flakes and serve immediately
My Amazon Picks
You May Also Be Interested In:
Return from Parmesan Cauliflower Risotto Recipe page to Vegetarian Recipes page
Return to Easy Dinner Ideas Homepage